This asana consists two Sanskrit words the first one is “shava” which means “dead body” or “corpse” and “asana” means “posture” or “pose” that’s why this asana called shavasana or corpse pose.Just like all other asanas this asana has been named so because of the shape of body takes while doing this asana.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE DOING SHAVASANA
Step 1: The first step is to simply lie flat on your back with your arms at your sides and distance in between your legs.
Step 2: Now the next step is to close your eyes and breath.
Step 3: You must note that breathing should be slow and deep.
Step 4: Then concentrate on your body on each breathing let your body should relax, release all tension and stress.
BENEFITS OF SHAVASANA
1. It helps to reduce stress and fatigue.
2. Helps in improving memory.
3. Consider good for improving concentration power.
4. Relaxes your body.
5. Person who suffers from headache can do this asana as it consider to be good for such a pain.
6. Cures insomnia.
7. Reduces blood pressure.
8. Calms the brain.
9. Body muscles will relax while doing this asana.
10. Good for diabetic patients.
11. Beneficial for asthma patients.
12. Also good for indigestion.
CONTRADICTIONS TO BE TAKEN WHILE DOING SHAVASANA
1. Avoid moving body while doing this asana.
2. Women who are suffering from pregnancy should avoid to do this asana.
3. At least keep 4-6 hours gap between meal and practice.
4. While you performing this asana it is essential to keep your stomach empty.
Just like all other asanas this asana has been named so because of the shape of body takes while doing this asana. This asana take it’s name from Sanskrit words. The first word is “vriksha” which means “tree”and “asana” means “posture” or “pose”. This asana also called as “tree pose”. Now let’s further study about vrikshasana. Now let’s further study about vrikshasana and how it is beneficial for your concentration power.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE DOING VRIKSHASANA
Step 1: The first step is to stand straight.
Step 2: T Now the next is to bend your right knee and put your right foot on your left thigh.
Step 3: Keep in mind that your left leg and back should be straight.
Step 4: Inhale slowly and raise your arms from sides over your head.
Step 5: Breath normally and relax your body.
Step 6: After some minutes slowly brings your hands back from the sides and relax your right leg, come back to the original position.
BENEFITS OF VRIKSHASANA
Helps to improve your body balance.
It keeps stability of your body and mind.
Improves concentration of your mind.
Gives your body a good posture.
Strengths your thighs, arms, shoulder.
It strengthens your spine.
Makes your body flexible.
Beneficial for sciatica.
It is also consider to be good for knee problems.
Increases stamina and immunity.
Build self confidence and esteem.
Improves balance and stability in legs.
Strengthens Tendons and ligaments of the ankels and feet
CONTRADICTIONS TO BE TAKEN WHILE DOING VRIKSHASANA
1.Obese people should avoid this asana as this asana focus on balance.
2. If a person suffers from blood pressure both low or high you should avoid this asana.
3. It is best to avoid this yoga asana if you suffers from insomnia or migraine.
Just like all other asanas this asana also take it’s name because of the position which it resembles while doing this asana. This asana also known as “kamalasana” in hindi “kamal” means “lotus flower” and “asana” means “posture” or “pose” and for this reason this asana also called “lotus pose”. Now let’s further study about padmasana and how it is beneficial for your concentration.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE DOING PADMASANA
Step 1: The first step is to sit normally with your legs straight in front of you.
Step 2: Now the next is to fold your right knee and place it on your left thigh.
Step 3: Again do the same for the other side i.e. fold your left knee and place it on your left thigh.
Step 4: Make sure that your back and your neck should be straight.
Step 5: Breathing process should be slowly.
For better results do this asana for about 10-15 minutes.
BENEFITS OF PADMASANA
It helps to keep your spine straight.
Calms your brain.
Helps to develop a good posture of your body.
Stretches ankles and knees.
Restore your energy levels.
Opens up the hips.
Increases blood circulation.
Increase concentration power.
Prevents abdominal diseases and reproductive disorders in women.
Persons who have digestive problems should do this asana as it improves digestion.
Persons who suffers from blood pressure they also get benefits by doing this asana it also controls blood pressure.
Reduces menstrual tensions.
14. Get relief from mental and physical fatigue.
1. Under Sciatica problems you should also avoid to do this asana.Padmasana brings peace in mind.
2. If you have any severe knee injuries you should avoid to do this asana.
3. Also if you have ankle injuries you should avoid to do this asana.
4. Under back pain you should also avoid this asana.
5. While doing this asana you should not bend your back your back should be straight.
6. If you are a bigner don’t do this asana more than a few minutes or do under the supervision guidance.
VAJRASANA (thunder pose or diamond pose) FOR BETTER CONCENTRATION
As like other asanas this asana also take it’s name because of the shape resembles while doing this asana. This asana consists of two Sanskrit words first one is “varja” which means “thunderbolt” or “diamond” it is so because in Indian mythology “varja” refers to a weapon of Indra (god of heaven) which is very hard weapon and made up of bone and this is the major reason why it is called thunder pose or diamond pose and finally it is called varjasana.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE DOING VAJRASANA
1 Step: The first step is to bend your knees and sit on your buttocks.
2 Step: Now, the next step is to see that is your spine and your neck are absolute straight or not if it is not then maintain your posture and make them straight.
3 Step: You must note that your knees should touch each other.
4 Step: Next step is that you should place your right arm on your right knee and left arm on your left knee.
5 Step: Maintain this posture and inhale slowly and exhale slowly.
6 Step: close your eyes and maintain your breathing.
BENEFITS OF VAJRASANA
Helps in digestion.
Increase blood flow in your pelvic areas and in your stomach.
Strengths your back and pelvic muscles.
Relieves your back pain.
Gives you relief from sciatica.
When you sit in vajrasana it increases blood flow to lower part of your body.
7. Calms your mind.
8. Relieve any kind of stress and fatigue.
9. As you do this asana more and more it makes your body flexible.
10. Support the work of your stomach.
11. It cures problem such as sciatica, slip disc, gout,diabetes.
12. If you practice this asana the effects of some diseases such as varicose veins, join aches, arthritis will reduce with time.
13. Persons who practice it on regular basis this asana will improve your sexual performance and strength your sexual organs.
14. While doing this asana a person burn many calories or can loose their body weight.
15. By doing this asana your body gets toned.
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN WHILE DOING VAJRASANA
Pregnant women should avoid to do this asana.
2. If you have any knee problems or undergone a severe knee injuries you should avoid to do this asana.
3. Those persons who suffers from hernia or ulcers should take guidance by an expert before doing this asana.
4. Persons who have issues related to ankel problems or problems related to small intestine or large intestine should avoid to do this asana.
The ability to give all your attention or effort to something is called concentration. Concentration is a mental ability of our mind .As we all know that concentration is very important for success.It helps to control your thoughts , to gain inner peace ,free your mind from annoying thoughts, to improve your memory , your ability to focus on your study , strengths your intuition and also conserve’s your energy. Now we talk about paschimottanasana for increase your concentration power.
PASCHIMOTTANASANA (SEATED FORWARD BEND) FOR BETTER CONCENTRATION
This asana also called as forward bend exercise .The paschimottanasana word comes from sanskrit word in which “paschima” means “back” or “west”, “uttan” which means “intense strech” or “straight” and “asana” which means “posture” or “pose”.It is believed that in ancient times this yoga asana is practised facing sun rising with your back towards west and your face towards sun.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE DOING PASCHIMOTTANASANA
1 Step: The first step is to Sit on the ground with legs forward .
2 Step: Then hold your toes with your fingers of both the hands .
3 Step: Now slowly breath out and try to touch your knees with your forehead .
4 Step: After that slowly breath in and raise your head upwards and come to your original position .
For better results do this asana for about 10-12 time
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PASCHIMOTTANASANA
This asana is a very remedy for constipation.
It helps to overcome several menstrual disorders.
Gives relief in sciatica, backache and asthma.
Helps in reducing obesity.
Vertibra becomes more flexible and healthy.
Elevates gas trouble.
Also helps in feeling relax.
Reduces your anxiety.
Gives you greatly relief from fatigue.
By doing this asana blood circulation of your entire body system especially in the pelvic area will increase .
While breathing the mind becomes stable and calms you down.
For person with big hips and buttocks this asana will considered to be very effective as it harmonizes the physical structure
CONTRADICTIONS TO BE TAKEN WHILE DOING PASCHIMOTTANASANA
If you are suffering from enlarge liver or acute appendicitis, you should never do this asana.
Avoid doing this asana if you are suffering from respiratory diseases.
If you have any back or spinal problem, make sure that you should perform this asana only under an expert’s guidance.