This asana name comes from Sanskrit words. The first Sanskrit word which is included here is “matsy” which mean “fish” and “asana” means “posture” or “pose”. This asana also called as “Fish pose” just because of the shape which it resembles while doing this asana.Now let’s further study about matsyasana and how it is beneficial for healing body pain.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE DOING MATSYASANA
1 Step: The first and foremost step is to simply sit down on the floor.
2 Step: After that bend your right leg and place your right foot on your left thigh.
3 Step: Then bend your left leg and place your left foot on your right thigh.
4 Step: Hold your toes with your hands.
5 Step: Slowly roll your back until your arms are straight and balance on your top of the head just like in photo and press your elbows downwards.
6. Step: Remain in this position for about 30-60 seconds then slowly come back to your original position first bring your spine back and then straight your legs and relax in this state.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MATSYASANA
Strengths your back muscles and makes your back stronger.
Improves your digestion and any kind of digestive issues.
Gives flexibility to your body.
Gives you relief from any kind of stress and fatigue.
Constipation which is common now a days this asana helps to cure constipation.
6. Improves posture of your body.
7. Stretch your upper body thus provide extra oxygen to your lungs.
8. Removes stiffness from your spine and back muscles.
9. Stretches your neck.
10. Cures any kind of respiratory problems as it stretches your upper body thus it provides extra oxygen.
11. Matsyasana helps to remove menstrual problems.
12. Improves the functioning of thyroid glands and develops strong immune system.
13. Opens up your chest.
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN WHILE DOING MATSYASANA.
1. During pregnancy you should avoid to do this asana.
2. If a person have any kind of severe back or neck injury they should avoid to do matsyasana.
3. When you raise your body make sure you must take support of your elbows while it may result in any kind of neck or spine injury.
4. People who suffers from any kind of following conditions must avoid to do this asana.
(a) back or neck injury.
(b) peptic ulcers.
(c) heart diseases.
5. Individuals suffering from high or low blood pressure must avoid to do this asana.
6. Migraine patients also find this asana difficult to perform but if they do make sure under the guidance of a supervision.
Baddha konasana(butterfly pose) for healing body pain
The name of this asana comes from Sanskrit words. The first word is “baddha” which means “bound” and “kona” means “angle” or “split” and “asana” means “posture” or “pose”.This asana secondly called as “butterfly pose” because of the shape which it resembles while doing this asana.Now let’s further study about baddha konasana and how it is beneficial for healing body pain and what are it’s further benefits.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE DOING BADDHA KONASANA
1 Step : The first and foremost step is to simply sit on the floor with your spine and neck absolute straight. 2 Step : After that touch your feet and try to touch your soles of your feet. 3 Step : Hold your feet with your hands. 4 Step : Now first inhale deeply. Then when you exhale press your thighs and knees downwards towards the floor. Step 5 : Keep your breathing normal and Start flapping like a butterfly by bringing your legs up and down.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BADDHA KONASANA
1. It helps to increase blood flow to lower part of your body.
2. It is considered to be very good for runners as it improves their running stiffness,brings flexibility and leads to longer running.
3. Makes your digestion good.
4. This asana consider to be very good for pregnant women as it is said by doing this asana it makes easy child birth.
5. Relieves your stress, fatigue and anxiety.
6. Reduces stiffness from hip joints and makes you more flexible.
7. Cures insomnia and high blood pressure.
The name of this asana comes from Sanskrit words. It consists of two Sanskrit words the first word is “dhanu” which means “bow” and other Sanskrit word is “asana” which means “posture” or “pose”. This asana also called “bow pose”. This asana called so because of the shape which it resembles while doing this asana. Now let’s further study about dhanurasana and how it is beneficial for body pain.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE DOING DHANURASANA
1 Step : The first and foremost step is to lie down on your stomach. 2 Step : After that the second step is to hold your both the feets with your both hands from back side. 3 Step : Now inhale and slowly pull your feet backwards then slowly raise your thigh, chest, and your head as high as possible. 4 Step : While doing this asana look straight ahead and breathe normally. 5 Step : Hold this position for some seconds, after that exhale and slowly come back to your original position bring down your legs, chest and relax.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF DHANURASANA
1. Relieves back pain.
2. Improves your body posture.
3. Improves blood circulation.
4. Makes your back flexible.
5. It cures constipation.
6. Cures menstrual problems.
7. Strengths your back muscles.
8. Stretches your thighs, chest and strength them.
9. Relives any kind of stress and fatigue.
10. Improves functioning of pancreas.
11. Beneficial for diabetic patients.
12. Cures respiratory problems like asthma.
13. Improves functioning of liver, large intestine and small intestine.
14. Consider to be very effective in weight loss.
15. Relaxes your shoulder muscles.
16. Opens up your hips.
17. Good for the persons who are suffering from slipped disc.
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN WHILE DOING DHANURASANA
1. A person suffering from hernia, Ulcer should avoid to do this asana.
2. While doing this asana you should not bend your elbows.
3. Keep width of your knees according to your shoulders.
4. You should take gap between your practice and your meal it should be around 3-4 hours.
5. People who have severe back problems should avoid this asana.
6. Persons having Sever heart problems also not to do this asana.
7. Pregnant women should avoid to do this asana.
8. Who have severe neck problems also not allow to do this asana.
9. Person who have insomnia should not to do this asana.
10. Persons who have recent abdominal surgeries should not allow to do this asana.
Just like all other asanas this asana has been named so because of the shape of body takes while doing this asana. The name of this asana consists of two Sanskrit words the first one is “vira” which means “hero” or “warrior” and the”asana” which means “posture” or “pose”. That’s why it is called so. This asana also called “hero pose”..It is consider to be very beneficial asana for asthma and high blood pressure problems , tiredness in your legs , very good for meditation.Now let’s further study about virasana and how it is beneficial for joint or knee pains and what are it’s furthermore benefits and what procedure you have to follow for doing this asana.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE DOING VIRASANA
1 Step: The first step is to simply sit on the Floor with your knees bend and your legs should be under your hips.
2 Step: Then, put your hands on your thighs and make sure that your back should be straight.
3 Step: Again make sure that your both knees should touch each other so that the gap between your feet should be wider than your hips.
4 Step: Your breathing should be normal and try to relax your whole body.
BENEFITS OF VIRASANA
1. It will improve your body posture.
2. Consider to be very good for meditation.
3. Helps in improve digestion.
4. Very good asana for gas problems.
5. Good for asthma and high blood pressure problems.
6. By doing this asana blood circulation in your legs will improve.
7. Relieves tiredness in your legs.
8. Gives you a good stretch in your ankels, thighs and hips.
9. Helpful in reducing swelling in legs.
10. Relieves gas.
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN WHILE DOING VIRASANA
1. During menstruation you should avoid to do this asana.
2. If you have a serious knee injuries you should do this asana under the guidance of a supervision.
Just like all other asanas this asana has been named so because of the shape of body takes while doing this asana. The name of this asana consists of Sanskrit words the first one is “ut” which means “intense” second one is “tan” which means “stretch” or “extend” and “asana” means “posture” or “pose”.That’s why it is called uttanasana or “standing forward bend” as it involves stretch towards forward. Now let’s study more about uttanasana and how it is beneficial for body pain.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE DOING UTTANASANA
1 Step : The first step is to simply stand straight with your legs together on floor.
2 Step : After that our second step is to put your hands on your waist, now breath out slowly and bend downwards towards the ground from your hip joints.
3 Step : Now, place your chest and stomach on your thighs ,make sure that your knees should not bend they should be straight.
4 Step : Place your hand near your feet in front of you on the ground.
5 Step : With every inhalation get back to your original position and with every exhalation bend your body towards forward for about 30 – 60 seconds hold this position and then again get back to your original position.
BENEFITS OF UTTANASANA
It will improve your digestion.
Controls the problem of your high blood pressure.
Relaxes your mind and nerves.
Provide strength to your thighs and knees.
Regular practice of this asana makes your spine, back and neck flexible.
Makes your body flexible.
Helps to relax your neck,back and shoulder.
Relieves any kind of stress and fatigue.
Boost your kidney and liver.
By doing this asana person who suffers from asthma also can get a greater relief.
Increases blood circulation around spinal cord nourishes your nerves and keeps the spine strong.
Stronger your abdominal muscles.
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN WHILE DOING UTTANASANA
Women who are pregnant should avoid to do this asana as it involves greater forward bend.
Menstruating women should also avoid to do this asana.
Person who suffers from diarrhea or sciatica should avoid to do this asana.
If you have any severe back injuries or knee injuries you should avoid to do this asana.
If you have heart problems or hernia you should avoid to do this asana.