Balasana is an easy yoga asana which is even perform by beginners. Just like other asanas this asana name also comes from Sanskrit words. The first Sanskrit word which is included here is “bala” which means “child” and other word is “asana” means “posture” or “pose” . Thus this asana also called as “child pose”. This is the first pose taught to beginners as it is easy to follow and highly beneficial. When it is perfectly performed, the body faces the floor in foetal position. This asana also called “Garbhasana” and “Shashankasana”. Now let’s further study about balasana and what are it’s furthermore benefits and what is it’s procedure to be follow.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE DOING BALASANA ( child’s pose)
1 Step: The first step is to simply sit on the Floor with your knees bend and your legs should be under your hips. 2 Step: keep your arms alongside your body. 3 Step: Exhale, bend forward and your forehead must touch the floor. 4 Step: Now you are in position that your arms are in front of you palms facing down to the floor. 5 Step: When you are in this position press your chest on thighs. Hold for 45 – 1 second. 6 Step: As you inhale gradually raise your upper body to return to the sitting position then relax and repeat this again.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BALASANA ( child’s pose) .
1. While doing this asana you bend forward with your eyes close this calms your mind.
2. Improves your digestion.
3. Warm up your body.
4. Strengths your back
6. Relives your stress, fatigue , anxiety and calms your mind.
7.Consider to be good for insomnia.
8. Energies your body.
9. Stretches your ankles, hips and shoulders.
10. If you are suffering from slip disc this asana considerd to be good to perform.
11. Regulates your adrenal glands.
12. Release muscle tension.
13. Makes knee joints flexible and improve movements.
14. Relives back pain and neck pain.
15. Gives good massage to body to organs of body and makes them flexible and active.
16. Enables us to breathe properly.
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN WHILE DOING BALASANA ( child’s pose) .
1. Avoid doing balasana if you have any back or knee pain.
2. Practice this asana with empty stomach.
3. If persons have problems related to blood pressure both high or low they should avoid to do this asana.
4. Persons suffering from diarrhea should also not perform this asana.
5. Pregnant women should avoid to do this asana.
6. Avoid this asana in case of ankle problems.
7. If you have any kind of problem to place your head on the floor you can use a pillow for making it comfortable.
8. Persons having slip disc problem also should avoid to do this asana.
MARJARYASANA – BITILASANA ( Cat- Cow pose) FOR BACK PAIN CURE
This asana is a combination of two asanas which is practiced together. First asana name is “Marjaryasana” in this asana “marjari” means “cat” or “asana” means “posture”, “pose” that’s why it is also called as “cat pose” and second asana name is “Bitilasana” in this asana “bitila” means “cow” or “asana” means “pose” that’s why it is also called as “cow pose” . Together these asanas secondly called as “cat – cow pose” because of the shape which body takes while doing this asana.Now let’s further study about this asana what are it’s steps to be followed ,benefits and precautions to be taken.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE DOING MARJARYASANA – BITILASANA ( cat cow pose)
Step 1: The first step is to sit in a “table top position” with your knees are set directly below your hips and your wrist, elbows and shoulders should be in line perpendicular to the floor.
Step 2: Now, firstly let’s practise one part of this asana bitilasana ( cow pose). Now firstly inhale and lift your chest, stomach and belly towards the floor, lift your head and look straight.See it in photo.👇
Step 3: Exhale and come back to your original “table top” position and relax but don’t change your position. Step 4: After that let’s do the second part of this asana i.e. “marjaryasana” ( cat pose). Remain in “table top” position, now deeply exhale and round your back towards the ceiling. Lift your head facing towards the floor. See it in photo 👇 Step 5: Again come back to your original “table top” position . Relax and repeat the same steps again for about 5-10 times as your capacity.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MARJARYASANA – BITILASANA (cat cow pose)
1. This yoga stretches and gives strength to your spine and neck.
2. It not only stretches your back but also your hips, abdomen , chest, lungs and makes them strong.
3. By doing this asana your body flexibility will improve.
4. Warm up your body.
5. Relives menstrual cramps and pains.
6. Improves your body posture.
7. Stimulates your body organs like kidney and adrenal glands.
8. Relives your stress, fatigue , anxiety and calms your mind.
9. Consider to be good for sciatica patients.
10. Helps in regulation of your breathing.
11. Activates your adrenal glands and pancreas.
12. Keeps your reproductive organs fit.
13. This asana considerd good for pregnant women as it gives better growth to fetus.
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN WHILE DOING MARJARY – BITILASANA ( cat – cow pose)
1. Persons who have severe neck problems keep your head in a line with your torso and do not tilt their head forward or backwards.
2. If persons have severe back pains they must take guidance by an expert before doing this asana.
This asana take his from Sanskrit words. It consists of two Sanskrit words first one is “hala” which means “plow” and other one is “asana” which means “posture” or “pose”. Just like other asanas this asana also take it’s name because of shape resembles while doing this asana.
STEPS TO FOLLOWED WHILE DOING HALASANA
Step 1: lie flat on your back with your arms placed besides your body and your palms facing downwards.
Step 2: Now the next step is start inhaling and start lifting your legs.You must note that your legs should be at a 90 degree angle.
Step 3: Use your hands for supporting your hips and lift them from the floor.
Step 4: Now bring your legs at a 180 degree angle and must note that your toes must be placed over and beyond your head.
Step 5: Now the next step is to see that your back should be perpendicular to the floor.
Step 6: Hold this position for1-2 minutes .
Step 7: After that now start exhaling and slowly brings your legs down.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF HALASANA
1. This asana helps you to improve your digestive system.
2. It gives you relief from backache.
3. It helps you to get relief from stress.
4. It is very beneficial for diabetic patients.
5. It is very effective for control your fat.
6. It stimulates your thyroid glands.
7. Improves your blood circulation.
8. Consider good for your immunity and for your digestive system.
9. Reduces any kind of stress and fatigue.
10. Makes your body flexible.
11. Strengthens your abdomen muscles.
12. Makes your spinal cord flexible.
13. Calms your brain.
14. Good for your arms and shoulders.
15. Improves your body balance.
1. Women who suffers from mensuration should avoid to do this asana.
2. Pregnant ladies should avoid to do this asana.
3. Persons who suffers from any neck injuries should avoid to do this asana.
4. While doing this asana your feet should touch the floor.
5. Those persons who suffers from back problems or slipped disc should avoid to do this asana.
6. Who suffers from high blood pressure should also avoid to do this asana.
7. If you are suffering from diarrhea you should also avoid to do this asana.