This asana name comes from Sanskrit words. The first Sanskrit word which is included here is “adho” means “forward” other word is “mukha” means “face” and “savan” means “dog” and the last word is “asana” means “posture” or “pose”.This asana also called as “downward facing dog”.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE DOING ADHO MUKHA SAVANASANA
Step 1: The first and foremost step is to come on the floor on your hands and knees. Set your knees directly below your hips and your wrist, elbows and shoulders should be in line perpendicular to the floor (in a table top position ) just like a dog.
Step 2: After that exhale and lift your knees away from the floor and look downwards towards the floor.
Step 3: Then with every exhalation push your thighs backwards , straighten your legs , stretch your heals. See it in photo 👆
Step 4: Remain in this position for about 1 – 3 minutes and then bend your knees come to the floor and rest.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ADHO MUKHA SAVANASANA.
1. This yoga stretches and gives strength to your spine and neck.
2. Stretches your shoulder , hamstrings, calves, arches , hands and makes them strong.
3. By doing this asana your body flexibility will improve.
4. Warm up your body.
5. Relives menstrual cramps and pains.
6. Relives your stress, fatigue , anxiety and calms your mind.
7.Consider to be good for sciatica patients.
8. Relives headache.
9. Helps in weight loss.
10. Increases the blood circulation to the brain.
11. Also beneficial for lungs disorders like asthma.
12. Strengths the muscles of chest therefore increases the lungs capacity.
13. Improves your body posture.
14. Strengths the abdominal muscles.
15. Improves digestion.
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN WHILE DOING ADHO MUKHA SAVANASANA ( downward facing dog pose )
1. Persons have high blood pressure or infection in eye or infection in ear they must avoid to do this asana.
2. If persons have severe back pains or weak back muscles they must avoid to do this asana or take guidance by an expert before doing this asana.
3. Avoid to do this asana if person have injury in their back, waist, shoulder and arms.
4. Pregnant women should avoid to do this asana.
5. Avoid to do this asana if you have any head injury.