MARJARYASANA – BITILASANA ( Cat- Cow pose) FOR BACK PAIN CURE
This asana is a combination of two asanas which is practiced together. First asana name is “Marjaryasana” in this asana “marjari” means “cat” or “asana” means “posture”, “pose” that’s why it is also called as “cat pose” and second asana name is “Bitilasana” in this asana “bitila” means “cow” or “asana” means “pose” that’s why it is also called as “cow pose” . Together these asanas secondly called as “cat – cow pose” because of the shape which body takes while doing this asana.Now let’s further study about this asana what are it’s steps to be followed ,benefits and precautions to be taken.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE DOING MARJARYASANA – BITILASANA ( cat cow pose)
Step 1: The first step is to sit in a “table top position” with your knees are set directly below your hips and your wrist, elbows and shoulders should be in line perpendicular to the floor.
Step 2: Now, firstly let’s practise one part of this asana bitilasana ( cow pose). Now firstly inhale and lift your chest, stomach and belly towards the floor, lift your head and look straight.See it in photo.👇
Step 3: Exhale and come back to your original “table top” position and relax but don’t change your position.
Step 4: After that let’s do the second part of this asana i.e. “marjaryasana” ( cat pose). Remain in “table top” position, now deeply exhale and round your back towards the ceiling. Lift your head facing towards the floor. See it in photo 👇
Step 5: Again come back to your original “table top” position . Relax and repeat the same steps again for about 5-10 times as your capacity.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MARJARYASANA – BITILASANA (cat cow pose)
1. This yoga stretches and gives strength to your spine and neck.
2. It not only stretches your back but also your hips, abdomen , chest, lungs and makes them strong.
3. By doing this asana your body flexibility will improve.
4. Warm up your body.
5. Relives menstrual cramps and pains.
6. Improves your body posture.
7. Stimulates your body organs like kidney and adrenal glands.
8. Relives your stress, fatigue , anxiety and calms your mind.
9. Consider to be good for sciatica patients.
10. Helps in regulation of your breathing.
11. Activates your adrenal glands and pancreas.
12. Keeps your reproductive organs fit.
13. This asana considerd good for pregnant women as it gives better growth to fetus.
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN WHILE DOING MARJARY – BITILASANA ( cat – cow pose)
1. Persons who have severe neck problems keep your head in a line with your torso and do not tilt their head forward or backwards.
2. If persons have severe back pains they must take guidance by an expert before doing this asana.