The name of this asana comes from Sanskrit words. The first word is “baddha” which means “bound” and “kona” means “angle” or “split” and “asana” means “posture” or “pose”.This asana secondly called as “butterfly pose” because of the shape which it resembles while doing this asana.Now let’s further study about baddha konasana and how it is beneficial for healing body pain and what are it’s further benefits.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE DOING BADDHA KONASANA
1 Step : The first and foremost step is to simply sit on the floor with your spine and neck absolute straight.
2 Step : After that touch your feet and try to touch your soles of your feet.
3 Step : Hold your feet with your hands.
4 Step : Now first inhale deeply. Then when you exhale press your thighs and knees downwards towards the floor.
Step 5 : Keep your breathing normal and Start flapping like a butterfly by bringing your legs up and down.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BADDHA KONASANA
1. It helps to increase blood flow to lower part of your body.
2. It is considered to be very good for runners as it improves their running stiffness,brings flexibility and leads to longer running.
3. Makes your digestion good.
4. This asana consider to be very good for pregnant women as it is said by doing this asana it makes easy child birth.
5. Relieves your stress, fatigue and anxiety.
6. Reduces stiffness from hip joints and makes you more flexible.
7. Cures insomnia and high blood pressure.
8. Stimulates abdominal organs ,ovaries, prostate glands,bladder and kidneys.
9. Cures menstrual problems.
10. Consider to be good for improving fertility of our body.
11. Helps in easying your urinary disorders.
12. By doing this asana this helps to opens up your all connectivity tissues.
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN WHILE DOING BADDHA KONASANA
1. If a person suffering from sciatica should not perform this asana.
2. If You have any knee injury or your knee are higher than your hips take a blanket and then do this asana.
3. Avoid doing this asana on mensuration days or take guidance by an expert.